Thursday, July 7, 2011

Got Google Plus today!

It's not what I thought it would from watching the videos, there is a little bit of a learning curve, but so far I like what I see! I haven't really figured out how to add people, thou it's still closed at this point, maybe it will make more since once it is open. I am wondering what makes this different then google buzz? Maybe the circle of friends, family, ect.

And maybe I should have been invited from my google account that I have google buzz connected to everything already maybe that would make Google plus seem different!

I Like it, I would like to see how it progresses over the next few days.

2 comments:

  1. I tried to get it but got put on the waiting to be notified list. I am curious if it is anything like Google Wave is/supposed to have been? I found that Google Wave was more of a collaboration tool and really didn't have anyone to collaborate with though one of the other ET's here had a Google Wave account too. We played around with it but just was not "feeling" it. So I guess once they open the portal and allow more of us in to play I will give it a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't compare it to Google Wave - I know I will take heat for this if someone from Google reads it...but it kind of has a facebook feel too it...with out the games, and with circles (You know how I like circles - LOL) -I like the idea of the circles, you can put your friends/family/co-workers, ect in different circles, just like in "real" life you have different circles of people you hangout with. I think that is were the power of Google Plus will come from. I still haven't completely figured out how to make it all work. It does have a "collaboration" aspect of it, in a way, it's a 5 way (I think I haven't tried it yet), video chat, I think facebook launched something like that this week too. Google, has wanted to get into the whole social networking market, so far up till this point what they have tried has failed. Or has not been well received, So we will see how well this is used. I do wonder what will happen with Google Buzz, I've used that before, and kind of like it. But I like Plus as well...so time will tell.

    ReplyDelete