Monday, May 2, 2011

Unable to Connect via SSH

I am at somewhat of a loss as to what to do about this, I would like to beable to SSH into this machine, it's not 100% needed, but would make life easier. - The machine in question is one that I had a hard drive go bad on me, I ended up making a bootable CD with all of the programs and apps that I normally use on that machine pre-installed. had a couple of weird issues, like it always wants me to login to the machine when first booted up, I can live with that. BUT I can't get SSH to work to save me...at 1st I thought maybe it was because the key had changed so I removed the "old" machines key. That didn't seem to have any effect. I port scanned the machine to be sure that SSH is running, and it is.
the next thing I did was issue the command:

ssh -vvv 192.168.1.104 HERE is the output:

lfmiller@lfmiller-desktop:~/.ssh$ ssh 192.168.1.104
Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer
lfmiller@lfmiller-desktop:~/.ssh$ ssh -vvv 192.168.1.104
OpenSSH_5.5p1 Debian-4ubuntu5, OpenSSL 0.9.8o 01 Jun 2010
debug1: Reading configuration data /etc/ssh/ssh_config
debug1: Applying options for *
debug2: ssh_connect: needpriv 0
debug1: Connecting to 192.168.1.104 [192.168.1.104] port 22.
debug1: Connection established.
debug1: identity file /home/lfmiller/.ssh/id_rsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/lfmiller/.ssh/id_rsa-cert type -1
debug1: identity file /home/lfmiller/.ssh/id_dsa type -1
debug1: identity file /home/lfmiller/.ssh/id_dsa-cert type -1
debug1: Remote protocol version 2.0, remote software version OpenSSH_5.5p1 Debian-4ubuntu5
debug1: match: OpenSSH_5.5p1 Debian-4ubuntu5 pat OpenSSH*
debug1: Enabling compatibility mode for protocol 2.0
debug1: Local version string SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.5p1 Debian-4ubuntu5
debug2: fd 3 setting O_NONBLOCK
debug1: SSH2_MSG_KEXINIT sent
Read from socket failed: Connection reset by peer
lfmiller@lfmiller-desktop:~/.ssh$

I am at a loss as to what this really means, but it looks like it is connecting to the machine, and the machine is just rejecting the connection.
Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment