Monday, September 16, 2024

The 1.8" IPS Capacitive touch ESP32-S3 Round Display (JC3636W518C)


This display costs about $20.00 U.S. has an ESP32-S3. Generally the specs are QSPI IPS 360x360 1.8inch, 8M PSRAM, 16M Flash. It has a capacitive touch display, I2S digital microphone, I2S analog-to-digital conversion circuit, TF card interface.
The display is a ST77916 with a CST816 touch controller. At the time of this writing I've only found two display packages that work with this. LVGL and Arduino-GFX (The latest version 1.4.9 by Moononournation https://github.com/moononournation/Arduino_GFX).

Can be programmed using Arduino, and various other IDEs. (I've only tried Arduino so far)

It was apparently designed for AIDA64 as a 2nd display. The seller only provides a LVGL example.
Doesn't provide the firmware that is currently installed on it.

However there is a 1.8_demo.bin provided - this appears to be the original demo code that is installed.
It would be safe to say, they don't provide the source code to this demo. But the original demo can be reloaded if you want it back.

They do provide just enough information to get the display working using LVGL. 
Moononournation provides more examples found here:
https://github.com/moononournation/JC3636W518 I could really only get a couple to work, and one of those I had to modify the code to read the SD card. 
It appears to me (at least at the time of this writing) this is a work in progress.
But provides a nicer way to display pictures, and mpegs (off the SD card).

My next step will be to see if I can get MP3 to play, and use the on board microphone for something.

Below are some pictures of mine: (NOTE: I don't recommend opening this, I broke a small piece while attempting to get the cover off. There is heat tape and a temperature sensor (I think), I got mine back together, but it's night quite as tight as it was and it does seem like it gets a little hotter then it did)

No comments:

Post a Comment